- Peridot, is a French word derived from the Arabic word “faridat” which means gem.
- Peridot is the gemstone of summer, the dynamic green peridot gemstone go with the light summer wardrobe.
It is used as a power stone since many centuries. Peridot is both a day stone as well as night stone, keeping its shining color even under synthetic lighting.Due to this, it is sometimes called “Evening Emerald”.
- Peridot was believed to be the stone of springtime by ancients who considered it a gift from Mother Nature. Ancient people believed that the peridot is a springtime stone they considered it a blessing from mother nature.
- Napoleon once made a gift of peridot to Josephine as a symbol of undying love. In ancient times, it was said that a dream about peridot foretold impending danger.It is especially good for healing the healers.
- Peridot stone faceted into many cuts, and used in all forms of jewelry, especially rings, earrings, necklaces, and bracelets.
Tumbled Peridot beads and cabochons are also fashioned in bracelets and necklaces.