- Aquamarine has been called “Water of the Sea”, because of its color.Aquamarine is a member of the beryl family and ranges in color from an almost colorless pale blue to blue-green or teal.Aquamarine stones are beautiful crystals that heighten courage. and aid clear communication with the Divine source of all.
- The more intense the colour of an aquamarine, the more value is put on it.Some aquamarines have a light, greenish shimmer; that too is a typical feature.However, it is a pure, clear blue that continues to epitomize the aquamarine, because it brings out so well the immaculate transparency and magnificent shine of this gemstone.
- To increase the power of an Aquamarine stone they are sometimes placed in (salt) water.In ancient, Aquamarines have always had a connection with the seas and oceans, because of its blue-green color.Sailors and merchants believed that wearing a piece of Aquamarine would offer them protection and would make their trade more successful.
- Aquamarine embodies all things connected to the sea, as well as those things relating to Heaven reflected on the surface of the water.Aquamarine is the stone of sailors, believing it would be protection for them on water.
Folk Story says the aquamarine will protect against gossip. It is also said the aquamarine will pick up spirits. It is an excellent stone to use for meditating.
- Aquamarine is most powerful as a meditation stone, as it brings a great peace and serenity.These lovely stones help to heighten your courage when you are handling grief, and are powerful to assist self healing.Some people can meditate on an Aquamarine to receive the wisdom to see truth, but this is a very advanced meditation.
- Aquamarine is carved into many cuts. It is a famous stone for rings, earrings, necklaces, and other jewelry forms. Many exceptionally large and flawless Aquamarine gem pieces have been cut. Occasionally, perfect six-sided crystals are worn as necklace pendants.
- Clear Aquamarine displaying cat’s eye effect and felling are uncommon, but they do exist and are cut and polished into cabochons.Lesser quality Aquamarines lacking good transparency are sometimes used as beads and as rough polished stones in bracelets and necklaces.